This course was designed specifically with Peer 2 Peer University in mind. P2PU is a non-profit organization that facilitates equitable learning beyond institutional walls. They have developed a new model for online and offline learning called Learning Circles which are lightly-facilitated study groups for people who want to take online courses, together, in-person. These facilitated learning circles ensure that more people have access to free online courses and the motivation to finish an online course, they might not have finished were they to take it on their own.
– This is an 8-week FREE online course, taught as a Learning Circle, where you will do most of the work at home and will then meet in person once a week for two hours to discuss the work you’ve done, share your work, and problem solve together as a group.
– Registration is required, and should be done before attending the first in-person class through the P2PU website.
– This class covers a lot of the basics of writing fiction, including: genres, character creation, setting, world building, dialogue, action, description, plotting, and editing.
– Those who have attended at least five classes by the end of the 8 weeks, and who are present at the final class, will receive a certificate of completion.
– Specific links, dates, and locations for the class should be provided on a handout, as this website may be used by multiple classes around the world at the same time.
1.) You’ll need a piece of paper and a pen. Introduce yourself to others, and find a book you’ve both read. Write it down. Once you’ve written down a title, you cannot use it again. The goal is to get as many titles on your list as possible.